International Expert Speakers
Learn from the best within the industry and take insight from their examples direct from their business.
If you are interested in speaking at this event, please contact the Conference Manager via
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Call Direct: +255 786 463140, at your earliest opportunity.
Call For Papers
The GLS-TZ 2017 is hosted by the Tanzania Freight Forwarders Association (TAFFA) in collaboration with Government of Tanzania, Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication.
Event Profile and Objectives
This is the first regional conference of its kind to land in Tanzania addressing the Freight forwarding industry. The Conference will be marked by a plenary session, paper presentations, poster session and exhibitions.
The GLS-TZ 2017 is self-funding through delegate registrations and Sponsorship. The organizers welcome sponsorship from Individuals, Institutions, Organizations and Corporates for facilitation of planned Conference activities. Kindly indicate and register your Sponsorship willingness by contacting the Conference Secretariat: email@example.com
- Benchmarking the local institutional, policy, legal and regulation GLS-TZ 2017 work
- Policy, Acts, Regulations and Guidelines; Challenges/ setbacks/ opportunities for Freight Forwarding in East Africa / as a case study Capacity building (local content participation, infrastructure development, training, research, etc.)
- Awareness rising: Status of development of industry (achievements, lessons learned, missed opportunities, etc.)
- Freight industry potential: The Case of Tanzania
- Redressing challenges in implementation of national and regional logistics policies
- Lecturers from internationally acclaimed Harvard & Michigan universities will discuss issues specifically related to government management of the logistic supply chain and win-win Public- Private Partnerships
- Towards decreasing E.A’s trade corridors Transit times & High Costs and improving the region’s competitiveness
- Enhancing Regional policy framework to foster sustainable logistics
- Debunking Revenue streams in the Logistics Sector
- Increasing international know how in the Logistics sector
- How to create and enhance conducive networking opportunities to for logistics experts
- Extended Abstracts: 2 April 2017
- Provisional Acceptance: 15 April 2017
- Submission of Final Paper: 2 April 2017
- Exhibitor Registration: 2 May 2017
- Paper Presenter Registration: 14 May 2017
- Guidelines for Preparation of Papers
Extended Abstracts must be two (2) pages (Font size 12pt, Times New Roman).
Full Papers must be at most Ten (10) pages and use the GLS-TZ 2017 – Tanzania Paper Template (To be circulated to prospective paper writers